Monday, July 4, 2011

Hot diggity dog!

I like the the 4th of July. It’s a day to celebrate our independence, potato and macaroni salads, watermelon, obnoxious ghetto people and their families cramming the parks and beaches with their gross kids and also, being American.

Did I mention hot dogs?

Yeah, hot dogs are about as American as you can get. So in celebration of this glorious and often misunderstood food group, I bought an 8 pack Nathan’s dogs, an 8 pack of buns and I’m going to do my best to eat them all.

Yeah, I know, you’re thinking “Dude, they had the huge Nathan’s hot dog eating contest today and Yakamuri Nakamura ate 47 hot dogs in 10 minutes.”
Well, I’m a pretty good eater and can hold my own with damn near any layman at a buffet, but I am by no means a professional eater and those guys are in a league of their own, so drop it.

Why the Nathan’s you ask? Okay, it’s not really in celebration of the eating contests that went on around the country today. It’s because they’re hands down, the best hot dogs in the world.
I had a ball park frank at a BBQ the other day and I could barely choke it down (I did though.) It was mushy and had no flavor. It didn’t have that *pop* like a Nathan’s.

My love of the Nathan’s dog is a double edged sword though and is actually a quite painful topic for me to talk (or write) about, as it was my ex-girlfriend –God rest her soul- that turned me on to them. So every time I take a bite of a Nathan’s I’m taking a bite of my past, and that’s a tough mouthful to swallow.

I just got ketchup (or catsup) on my keyboard, shit! Now it’s going to smell like a disgusting 7 year old kid! What the hell is the difference between ketchup and catsup anyway? It’s like baloney and bologna. And why do kids always smell like ketchup/catsup? Who knows these things?I WANT TO TALK TO THEM!

Anyway, this is silly and it’s keeping me away from my dogs, so have a nice 4th, enjoy your evening and the fireworks.

Peace and God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment