Monday, January 2, 2012

I’m Probably More Psychic than You

Over the past couple of years I’ve come to the realization that I’m pretty psychic or something.

I sometimes wake up with crazy premonitions and occasionally have random things pop into my head throughout the day that sure enough happen and I’ll say “Man! I KNEW that was going to happen!” but have no proof that it would other than saying I knew it would.

While I barely have enough of an attention span to remember to finish flossing and often find myself with a piece of dental floss hanging out of my mouth wondering how it got there, I do have the ability to focus on things I want and things I want to have happen. And no, I’m not talking about the manipulation of people or situations to get these things. I’m talking about weird metaphysical type crap.

I’m a big believer in positive visualization. I like to think I can think about things and have them happen, sometimes that same day, sometimes a few days later or sometimes even months later.
Of course this isn’t always the case. If it was I’d be driving a Ferrari with my imaginary girlfriend (you know who you are) wearing bacon underwear (me, not her) and getting million dollar checks in the mail on a daily basis.

It's really pretty simple..

An example:

After a charity chili cook-off at work, they raffled off a bunch of stuff. One of the prizes was a gift certificate for a dozen gourmet cupcakes a month for 6 months (yeah, like I really needed that). I thought about how much all the other raffle prizes sucked and I pictured myself stuffing my face with gourmet cupcakes, showing up for parties with dozens of cupcakes, sharing cupcakes with the hot Russian girls in operations and pretty much being the cupcake guy. 
I knew I was going to win it and, sure enough, much to the chagrin of my office mates, I did.

I once went out on a Saturday to garage sales with the sole intention of finding a particular kind of desk and chair for my living room. Sure enough, that day I found exactly what I was looking for and here I sit, at that awesome desk.
Another recent example is the ipad2 I won at the company Christmas party. Earlier that evening, I was in the bathroom getting ready. I looked in the mirror and said out loud “I can’t wait to win that ipad tonight” I seriously almost updated my FaceBook status before I left to say that same thing, but didn’t.
Sure enough, I won that ipad.

So now I’m wondering if I should start keeping a log of these cool “premonitions I have and check them off as they happen. Or would that screw up the whole cosmic deal and change it so these things won’t ever happen?

Really, I have no idea how it works. Whether it’s just dumb luck, random cosmic mojo or the reality of positive visualization,  I do know that it’s better to stay focused on the things you want to have happen and the things you want in your life, rather than the things you don’t want to have happen or the things you don’t want in your life.

It's like that simple old mountain biking tip. When you see a rock, focus on the space next to the rock where you want your wheel to go and you will miss the rock every time. Focus on the rock and how much you don't want to hit it and you will hit the rock damn near every time.

This is a big part of how I live my life and -not that I'm some wise man or anything- I think a lot of people would be a whole lot happier if they did the same.

Or maybe I’m just a bit kookoo…


Peace

3 comments:

  1. Sounds reasonable to me. I'm thoroughly convinced that there are forces and connections that we can't always understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's you setting your heart's desires and visualizing (as if you were visualizing yourself completing a triathlon) and the energy aligns so that it can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps your theory, I can totally stop hiccups by just thinking about stopping them. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete