Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Open mouth, insert foot.

For the most part, I try to keep my blog free of “adult” content and things that people might find offensive, but this morning, I was reminded of the most dreadfully uncomfortable situation I’ve ever seen, and I just had to share the story.

I will omit some names, as to protect the guilty and humiliated. Please keep in mind that this is a man story, the likes of which some of you may not be familiar.

Anyway…

A number of years ago, a large group of us guys took a trip up to South Shore, Lake Tahoe to celebrate the pending nuptials of my good buddy Dave, in other words, a bachelor party.

Before the drunken idiocy began, about twenty of us got together for a “gentleman’s dinner” at a very nice restaurant. All wearing our fancy suits and dressed to the nines. As the dinner progressed, the prime rib flowed like wine and the whisky flowed like, well, whisky and we all proceeded to get a bit hammered.

At one point, my buddy –we’ll call him Lenny- decided it would be fun to share a topless picture he had on his phone…of his girlfriend, who was quite pregnant and, well, let’s say she was “more endowed” than usual.

As “Lenny’s pregnant girlfriend’s boob picture is being passed around the table, the comments are flying “Great rack, dude!” or “Wow, I had no idea she was so stacked!”
Of course, most of us were thinking “Why the hell is he passing this picture around?” but if you know Lenny, the fact that he was still wearing pants was more surprising than his passing around a picture of his girlfriend's boobs was.

Then the picture gets to “Jim”, one of the gentlemen, who, while a friend of the groom, didn’t know Lenny or many other people at the table and also didn't know that the picture was of Lenny's girlfriend.

Jim says –quite loudly I might add- “Wow! Nice rack, but her face looks like a train wreck!”!” To which Lenny replies

“That’s my girlfriend…”

Crickets….

I wonder if Lenny remembers this? I wonder if Jim does?


1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Awkward. Just about everyone has said something unintentionally insulting at some point. Better to err on the side of kindness and leave it at 'great rack!' :)

    ReplyDelete