Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nobody likes to buy a plunger


Where did you get your plunger I ask?

Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I bought a plunger. It’s seems to be one of those things you just kind of always have. Like cinnamon or a garden hose or a Ken doll collection.
 Now that I think about it, I can say with confidence that I have never bought a plunger and I can say with a great degree of certainty that my (ex) wife never bought one either, yet there it sets, for the most part, unused, but ready for action 24/7.

The only reason I’m even thinking about the mystery of the plunger at all is because I was at the store earlier and the guy in front of me felt it necessary to let the cashier –as well as anyone else within earshot- know that he had done gone and stopped up his toilet again. 
Hell, I’m sheepish when I have to buy toilet paper at the store for God's sake, and here's this guy shouting it from the rooftop like a proud Poppa. 
Nobody wants hear about why you're buying a plunger.We just want to stare at the floor and pretend we're not thinking about why you need to buy a new plunger.
But there he was, proud as a peach and telling the whole world about his porcelain plight.

Now I’m suddenly wondering, if he stopped it up again, where the hell is the plunger he used last time?
Does this guy seriously clog the john so often that he wore out his last plunger? Did he lose it? Maybe lend it to a buddy last Thanksgiving and forget to get it back?

What's even worse is that he was buying his new -and much needed- plunger at the Dollar Store. Maybe that's where he got his last one and I just happened to witness a toilet situation this guy has been dealing with for months and this is his fifth plunger trip.

Maybe for most people, a $1 plunger would do the trick, but I don't think that's the case with this guy. He should probably head over to The Home Depot and get an industrial one (do they make those?)

 Anyway, this is by far the most disgusting thing I have ever blogged about and hopefully, it will stay that way.

Now I don't know what's more embarrassing, the fact that I've spent the last 30 minutes blogging about a guy buying a plunger at the dollar store, or that I have such a boring life that a guy buying a plunger at the dollar store is all I have to blog about.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. You know that commercial where the kids are trying to climb the wall with plungers? Every time I see that, I think two things: 1) who has that many plungers? And: 2) ewww... those were in the toilet and now they're on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always buying plunger for may continuous ink refilling station...

    ReplyDelete