Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm new to this, so bear with me.

Yeah, so I'm gonna blog. 123 GO!

I'll start by saying that I am NOT a writer! Not even close. I have pretty good grammar and a decent vocabulary, but that's about it. I don't really use big words and when I do, they're probably not appropriate. Hey, appropriate is kind of a big word. So what I'm getting at is if you're looking to read well written intelligent blah blah blah, this is not the place.
I honestly don't even know what I'll be blogging about (okay, I have an idea, otherwise I wouldn't be here in the first place) and chances are, I'll look at this mess I'm typing right now in a few months and be pretty embarrassed. I imagine there's a blogging learning curve. I'm sure I'll be super awesome at it soon enough.

I lead a pretty dull life, so how interesting this will be depends on the reader.

A little about me:

I'm 40 years old, bald, ridiculously good looking, a bit pudgy (you're lookin' at my gut, aren't you? WELL I'M WORKIN' ON IT!), almost divorced (which I'm sure I'll get into some time in the future), I live alone, have two Corgis named Dewey and Tex who I love more than anything and are honestly the only reason I'm sane today. Okay, so I don't live "alone" but you get it. I'm not looking for love, salvation, enlightenment or really anything in particular other than one of my missing favorite socks. They had little planets on them and were SO comfortable and good at wicking away moisture. Srsly, where the FUCK did it go?

I will NEVER talk about politics.

I ride bikes. I ride bikes a lot. I am in love with all things bicycle. At last count in my garage I had eleven bikes. Yes, eleven. I seem to use commas a lot.

I just started training for Ironman Cozumel which is in November, so you will have to get used to me bitching and moaning about motivation (or lack of), sore muscles, getting up early, bragging about how many miles I swim/bike/run every day, feeling bad because I'm fat and can still run/ride faster than you, which I'm sure will all get old after a while, but it's my gig and will be consuming the majority of my time for the next six months, so stfu and just live vicariously (big word) through me.

Even though I just woke up from a nap, I'm tired and am going to bed.

I think I might like this blogstuff.

Bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment