Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sweet Saturday Scores.

So I once again headed out for my weekly treasure hunt, and sure enough I found a lot of cool stuff that I was looking for (and some that I wasn't.)

My main goal was to find a lamp for my desk. Go figure, the first sale I stopped at I found a lamp for my desk. It set me back a cool $3. I like the round/square thing going on and the colors kinda go with everything.
I also bought the little cubby thing next to it a few weeks ago for $2. It's cool for storing all my camera/ipod cables etc.
Oh yeah, got the picture on the wall (and a matching one that's on a different wall) for $16. =)
Did I mention I got my faithful laptop two years ago at a garage sale for $80? I was pretty apprehensive about dropping that much dough, especially on a computer, but it's been a killer machine and I couldn't be happier with it.

Let's see, what else did I get...?

I saw this little mirror and thought "I really don't need that, but it's kinda cool, I'm sure I can find somewhere to put it" so I bought it for $5 and laid it flat on the dining room table. I think I like it. Also picked up the wooden vase for $3 a while back.
Last week I picked up this great chair. The one I had had been shredded by Amy's cats and I was sick of looking at it. $25. Hello!
I also picked up the plant and pot (actually two of them) for $5 each. Oh  yeah, and the rug too. Also $5. =)

I'm not much for religion, but I saw this cross and had to get it. I had a spot on one wall that was begging for something and this worked out perfectly. You can see it in the reflection of the mirror on the wall by my dining room table.







A couple months ago my BBQ finally decided to call it quits and I have been grill-less ever since.
Until today that is. Found this great Weber grill (with a full propane tank) The guy wanted $50 for it but took $35.
Guess who's cooking tri-tip tonight?

 And last but certainly not least, this little Sony radio. Back story: Two years ago I bought a radio at a garage sale for $3. It fit perfectly on the little shelf in my bathroom and sounded great, but alas, it stopped working about one and a half years ago. I was literally fiddling with it two weeks ago to see if I could get it to work again, but couldn't.
Imagine my surprise when I walked up some guy's driveway this morning and saw THE SAME EXACT RADIO in perfect working condition!!! I swear to God I almost screamed like a girl when I saw it, but I played it cool and was all "Hey, how much for the old radio?"
The guy wanted $5 for it. I asked if he would take $4 for it and he said yes. So I handed him a $5 bill and asked if he had change. lol
Definitely a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment