Friday, July 16, 2010

Deep Thoughts....kinda.

I was thinking the other day. I don't remember exactly what I was thinking about, but I'm sure it was something I thought was interesting.

Or maybe not.

I've never been accused of being a "big thinker." I just kinda am who I am and think about what, I suppose, I'm supposed to think about (like if it's okay to use suppose and supposed twice in a row like that)
I don't think about big things like the meaning of life, what happens when we die or how those foamy soap dispensers work. I mean, its regular damn soap in the bottle and then it comes out foamy!
Whatever, I guess that's the kind of crap I figure I'll find out when I die. Or not...who knows?

On occasion I've been called shallow, but I prefer to think of myself as simple. It doesn't take much to entertain me. Give me some aluminum foil and a band-aid (or a blog) and I can have fun for literally minutes on end.

Obviously there is a place for big thinkers in the world. I mean, somebody had to think of a way to get a guy on the moon, right? Who would have invented the Slinky, the garden hose or 12 sided dice? In a world full of thinkers like me, we'd be playing Dungeons and Dragons with rocks and peeing on our lawns wondering why they weren't growing.

Sometimes I think about what I'm going to write in my blog, but then usually determine that it's pretty stupid. Which is kind of sad if you look at the crap I actually have written here.

I think about things like who the hell decided that the number 2 would be spelled T W O. This makes no sense to me and I even had a minor panic attack at the grocery store once when I was writing a check for $200, because"T W O Hundred" didn't look right. T O O? No. T O? That's not right. T W O? That just can't be right!!!
"Twhoa" is how it should be pronounced. Someone should change the spelling to "Tew." Who do I write a letter to regarding the changing of the spelling of a number?

Sometimes people who are not great thinkers are mistaken for dumb, which I think is silly, as many great thinkers could also be called dumb. I guess it all depends on what you consider smarts. I heard that Albert Einstein once left the house without his pants. Now that's pretty stupid.
Me? I may not be the smartest guy, but at least I've never forgotten my pants (well, not by accident.)

Deep thoughts? Meh, who needs em? Brilliant ideas? Go right on ahead and give it all you got. I'm just going to sit here with my dog, have some dinner, blog a bit and maybe shave my legs later.
I won't sit here and ponder, or wonder about the difference between the words ponder and wonder. I won't ask why, and that's okay.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea...Some sort of repellant or sonic animal "alarm" to deter neighbor dogs and cats from crapping and pissing on your front lawn. I always pick up after my pooches, I mean, shit happens (literally) afterall. But I have watched people walking their dogs in front of my house, do their bitnezz, and walk off without a care without any courtesy scooping whatsoever. I have found cat turds in my geraniums. Bastards! I love animals, but I hate some pet owners. Anyways, that is my brilliant idea. OH yeah, and a beer delivery service. They deliver pizzas, chinese food, etc...but no beer. Perhaps a liability issue, but a brilliant idea nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, you are absolutely, certifiably insane. =)

    ReplyDelete