Saturday, July 3, 2010

So I was thinking.....

Earlier today I was thinking about how awesome I am.

I know, you're probably thinking "This guy needs to get over himself already", but hear me out.

I don't know if it's normal to be as pleased with one's self as much as I am, and if it's not normal, it certainly should be.

I'm very fortunate to be who I am. I'm pretty good looking, witty (oh so witty) I'm quite smooth (in more ways than one), I'm humble and I rarely get B.O. How many of you can say that?

Don't get me wrong, there are probably like, two or three things wrong with me...probably less actually. Okay, I can't really think of anything off the top of my head right now, but I'm sure there's something wrong with me (please note that any comments actually pointing out flaws, either physical or emotional, will be promptly removed)

I get the occasional athlete's foot flare up, so there's that I guess. I suppose my love of coffee and cigarettes first thing in the morning would be considered a flaw by some. I've been told that I sometimes snore, but I'm pretty sure that's just a lie by bitter women to make me feel bad.

Anyway, back to my awesomeness.

So I'm looking in the mirror and I thought "Man, you are one awesome motherf**ker. Why can't everyone be as awesome as I am?" the world would surely be a better place, no?

Then I got to thinking "How can I get my awesomeness to rub off on other people?" I thought that maybe humping legs would do the trick, but my neighbor quickly made it clear that this was NOT the direction I should be heading (he can be such an asshole sometimes)

So I figured I'd just blog about it.


What actually defines awesome? The amount of money I make? The number of people I know? How many pairs of shoes I have? My car? My wardrobe? My delicious calf muscles? I realize that all these things are great (especially the calves), but none define true awesomeness as far as I'm concerned.


True awesomeness = true happiness. True happiness = loving yourself. And believe me, I do love myself.

Is this whole thing here some kind of affirmation to myself? Probably, but I'm no shrink. I'm just typing on a Saturday. But I do believe, even though my life is far from perfect, that I am indeed truly happy.

I figure I'll keep trying to be the best person I can be. I will be positive. I will be polite, I will hold doors for people and I will tell them how nice nice they look. I will point out how nice their new shoes are. I will be there when my friends or family need me. I will try to be someone I would like to know.
I will listen.I will advise and allow myself to be advised. All the while, hoping my awesomeness rubs off on people and maybe, if I'm lucky, some of theirs will rub off on me.

After all, as hard as it may be to believe, there is a good chance that there is someone out there even more awesome than I am. =)

I'm going to go take an awesome nap now.

2 comments:

  1. This so made me smile Keith... and yes, you are awesome! Stacy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading about how awesome you are makes ME feel like I AM an inferior piece of crap! Thanks. And yes...you ARE awesome. In case you forgot.

    ReplyDelete